17 Jul Manual Handling Training
Manual Handling Training
This workshop aims to provide participants with an understanding of the requirements for safe manual handling as per WHS Act 2011 and WHS Regulation of 2011.
The following will be discussed and demonstrated to the students:
- TILE (Task, Individual, Load and Environment)
- Safe balance circle
- Correct feet positioning and safe movement that is smooth and efficient, coordinated with the spine not twisted, counterbalanced.
- Hazardous manual tasks
- Rolling the client in bed
- Moving the client in bed using slide sheets
- Assisting the client with sit to stand transfer using the pelican belt from bed to chair and or wheelchair to bed
- Use of mechanical aids (stand lifter and sling lifter)
- Falls recovery
- Car transfers (in and out of the car)
- Dismantling and assembling a wheelchair
The students will need to carry out a return demonstration of the above-mentioned tasks at class to be deemed competent.
Duration: 3 hours
Cost: Please contact us for detail on email@example.com