17 Jul Diabetes Management
This session is to give care staff an overview of the types and symptoms of diabetes, insulin administration via pen device and management of hypo and hyperglycaemia as well as diabetic emergencies.
The following will be discussed, and participants will be given the opportunity to practice on using a glucometer, insulin pens and the byetta:
- The role of insulin
- The different types of diabetes
- Blood glucose monitoring and its significance
- Main types of insulin and factors that influence insulin absorption
- Byetta (exenatide) injection for type 2 diabetes
- Management of Hypoglycaemia, Hyperglycaemia and Diabetic emergency.
- Reporting and documentation requirements
Duration: 3 hours
Cost: contact us for detail on [email protected]